Re: Excel to Oracle

From: David Pinkus <dpinkus_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1993 22:10:03 GMT

--

There is a new product from Oracle called Oracle Glue that will allow you to
access the Oracle database (and in the future any ODBC supported database)

It works as a Macro function, so you can of course write macros with it as well.

For example:

   =EXECSQL(A12:A20)  where a12 through a20 have your sql statement.

The value returned into the cell is the Oracle error code, so you can also
trap errors.

There is also a DDE component of Oracle Glue that relaxes the 255 character
limit (now it is 32K), and you can set up HOT LINKS between excel and the DDE
component of Glue to have the same dynamic capabilities that Q+E have.

Thanks,
David Pinkus
Oracle Corporation