Re: shared memory in Oracle7 beta

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1993 02:27:38 GMT

alanb_at_vnet.ibm.com (Alan Beal) writes:
|> We are using Oracle7 (7.0.9) on AIX 3.2. I have set up the oracle
|> userid and dba group, and with root and oracle, I am able to
|> connect to the oracle database. However, other users get shared
|> memory permission errors when they try to connect using an userid
|> other than root or oracle. Is there a workaround for this?
|>
|> Alan Beal alanb_at_owgvm0.vnet.ibm.com
|> (607)751-2026

The most common cause of this is a permissions setup problem on the oracle executable itself and can be fixed on the fly with the command 'chmod 4711 $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle'

The oracle shadow process started up on behalf of a user front end process needs to have the abilty to switch it's effictive userid to the oracle user in order to read to and write from the shared memory segments (SGA).

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Mar 02 1993 - 03:27:38 CET

Original text of this message