replace_menu() packaged procedure in SQL*FORMS

From: Henry K. Yu <hyu_at_eng.umd.edu>
Date: 20 Jan 1993 01:27:35 GMT

I have created six SQL*FORMS which perform specific unrelated tasks. Then, I created a dummy form with one displayed field so I can associate a SQL*MENU 5.0 menuapp with the dummy form. The menuapp is a umbrella menu that calls the six SQL*FORMS. The menuapp is the default menu of the dummy form. This works fine. I am now creating a second level menuapp that's unique to each form. But, for testing this concept, I am using the MENUDEFAULTAPP that comes with the demo as the second level menuapp.

To picture this, the flow of control goes like, pardon the graphics:

      dummyFORM --> myMENU --> uniqueFORM --> MENUDEFAULTAPP --|

I have already done genmenu system/<pw> -ga <user> MENUDeFAULTAPP. I have tried either/or/both making MENUDEFAULTAPP for an uniqueFORM, having the statement 'replace_menu('MENUDEFAULTAPP', pull_down, 'MENUDEFAULTAPP', 'MANAGERS');' before calling the form, after calling the form in a key-startup trigger, and in the menu item text. To no avail, i still get MNU-10214: No authorization to run any application.

Has anyone tried this -- having a menu replace itself with another menu ? Or have a form with a default menu call another form that has their own menu?

Any hints will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
hyu Received on Wed Jan 20 1993 - 02:27:35 CET

Original text of this message