Re: Windows and Oracle access.

From: Richard Holowczak <holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu>
Date: 20 Jan 93 00:07:50 GMT

patrick_at_casbs.Stanford.EDU (Patrick Goebel) writes:

>A related question:

>Question: when using these access products (in conjunction with
>SQL*Net I take it) do the Forms that have been developed on the Sun
>(under UNIX) have to be rewritten for use under the Mac and PC
>environments? Or do they port over in some simple fashion?

    Presumably, one can take the .INP files created on system "A" and     re-compile them (i.e. make new .FRM files out of 'em) on system "B"     and off you go. Now, this only seems to work for SQL*Forms and/or the     RUNFORM program. As for Windows, I believe the Windows versions of     RUNFORM and the Menu thingy are in development or Beta at this time.     Don't know for sure. What you can get right now is get a copy of SQL*Tools     for DOS and SQL*Net (The TCP/IP version should do the trick), copy     and compile the .INP files and you're set. I think Oracle also has     just the Runform program for the Mac and PC but alas, I am no sales rep.

[1mRich Holowczak[m holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Rutgers University
Ph.D. Computers and Information Systems Program "Availability of Distributed Databases During Network Partitioning"

| The .sig, the whole .sig and nothing but the .sig | Ask about the |
|           <<< This space for rent >>>             | car alarm FAQ |