Re: Oracle Card v.s. SQL*FORMS 4.0

From: William Thompson, code 682.1, x2040 <thompson_at_stars.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1993 14:13:00 GMT

In article <C0GB3B.KzB_at_zoo.toronto.edu>, sonya_at_zoo.toronto.edu (Sonya Neufer) writes...
>An Oracle DBA friend has this query:
>
>Does anybody know when the next version of Oracle Card and SQL*FORMS
>4.0 is to be released? Since SQL*FORMS 4.0 is going to be a Windows
>Application what is the difference between it and Oracle Card?
>
>Please post or mail replies to this account. Thanks.

I've seen OracleCard demonstrated on a MacIntosh computer. I assume that the appearance is the same or similar on Microsoft Windows.

I also have glossy release sheets describing SQL*Forms 4.0. From what I can tell, it will also be available on other windowing systems such as X-windows (Motif, OpenLook), which is what interests me. I've also been told (but not by Oracle) that OracleCard is going to be available for X-windows in the future. Can anyone comment on whether that's true or not, and when we might see either of these products on the market?

Bill Thompson Received on Thu Jan 07 1993 - 15:13:00 CET

Original text of this message