Re: Importing files from LOTUS

From: Ian Dixon <idixon_at_infocom.UUCP>
Date: 5 Jan 93 21:39:10 GMT

Richard Snyder (rsnyder_at_ems.cdc.com) wrote:
> We have an application that requires data to be imported to Oracle
> tables from a LOTUS spreadsheet. I don't believe there is any
> Oracle utility to do this. However, I would like the benefit of others
> experience as to how to go about this. The following comes to mind:
>
> 1) Are there any Oracle utilities to do the import written by
> A Oracle, LOTUS or others?

The version of the Oracle toolset that I use (PC version 6 point something) has a utility called (I think ) 123prep.com . I've not used it but as far as I recall it pre-processes Lotus files into a format suitable for SQL*Loader. This might do the trick.

> 2) If not what is the best approach to import the LOTUS data?
> a) Write a script in LOTUS to do the import directly.
> b) Put the LOTUS data into a flat file and then reformat the flat
> file to an Oracle Import format.
> c) Some other method.

You could always right the LOtus data to an ASCII file - either fixed-frmat or comma-delimited then use SQL*LOader to bring this into your database.

Hope this is some help

Regards

Ian Received on Tue Jan 05 1993 - 22:39:10 CET

Original text of this message