Importing files from LOTUS

From: Richard Snyder <rsnyder_at_ems.cdc.com>
Date: 4 Jan 93 16:29:50 GMT

We have an application that requires data to be imported to Oracle tables from a LOTUS spreadsheet. I don't believe there is any Oracle utility to do this. However, I would like the benefit of others experience as to how to go about this. The following comes to mind:

  1. Are there any Oracle utilities to do the import written by Oracle, LOTUS or others?
  2. If not what is the best approach to import the LOTUS data?
  3. Write a script in LOTUS to do the import directly.
  4. Put the LOTUS data into a flat file and then reformat the flat file to an Oracle Import format.
  5. Some other method.

Any information, ideas, experience will be helpful.

 Thanks,

 Richard Snyder
 rsnyder_at_ems.cdc.com

Empros Systems International division of Ceridian Corp.

(612)553-4327      Received on Mon Jan 04 1993 - 17:29:50 CET

Original text of this message