Re: Monday Morning Blues?

From: Kent Palm <kpalm_at_doc.qualcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1992 19:34:53 GMT

sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:

>We reboot our UNIX Oracle Server every weekend. Every monday morning, all
>of our Oracle users complain about unusually slow performance. Anyone have
>any clues why? After a few hours it usually speeds up again, but the first
>few hours of monday are slower than molasses(sp).

>--
>Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you
>sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw......
>(415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......?
> | - Baloo the Bear

If you have a large SGA, then you may have all of your data in memory. When you shut down the database, memory contents are lost. The next time the users request database information, a physical read (i.e., from disk) must occur. To get around this problem, you could write a routine to bring in you most popular tables after database startup. Not only is data stored in the SGA, but also dictionary header information. Received on Mon Dec 28 1992 - 20:34:53 CET

Original text of this message