Re: Barcoding and oracle.

From: Joel Garry <tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 92 11:18:05 PST

jessea_at_u013.me.vp.com (Jesse W. Asher) writes:

> Does anyone have barcode printing integrated with Oracle? We're a
> manufacturing company that needs to use barcoding and we have no idea
> about how to go about it. We're running Oracle on unix and printing to
> HP LaserJets (II and III). Can anyone give me some pointers on where to
> look for some code to do this sort of thing?
>
> --
> Jesse W. Asher (901)762-6000
> Varco-Pruden Buildings
> 6000 Poplar Ave., Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119
> Internet: jessea_at_vpbuild.vp.com UUCP: vpbuild!jessea

Sofware of this type is sold in the magazine ID Systems (603) 924-9631. You could do as we did (in another database), and do it in post-script. We used a report writer to generated postscript code. The november issue had an article about selecting bar code label software. If you have windows, you can get software to print barcodes for $200. Low cost barcode printers start at $800.

--
INTERNET: tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com (Joel Garry) UUCP: ...!ryptyde!netlink!tumidity
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 453-1115 Received on Thu Dec 17 1992 - 20:18:05 CET

Original text of this message