Dell Unix - rmfree map overflow

From: E. Drew Einhorn <einhorn_d_at_apsicc.aps.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 92 21:32:00 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to get Oracle 6.0 up on a Dell Unix SVR4 Issue 2.2 platform. When attempting to apply 6.0.34 Patch #2:

I am getting a large number of messages of the form:

WARNING: rmfree map overflow D01B475C. lost 1 items at -19yxxx

where y is 0, 1, or 2 and x is a decimal digit.

By digging around using strings and grep I have determined that these error messages are coming from the unix kernel. I hope that fixing it will only require adjusting a kernel config parameter and building a new kernel. Has anyone seen this problem and gotten around it.

At present Oracle Tech Support considers it a "Dell problem". Dell's front line Tech Support has referred to another Dell group and I am waiting for someone to return my call.

Any suggestions on what it takes to get the respective Tech Support Organizations to cooperate and solve the problem, instead of assigning the blame? Received on Wed Nov 18 1992 - 22:32:00 CET

Original text of this message