How to save commands into a file then run them again?

From: Chunping Ding <cxd653_at_huxley.anu.edu.au>
Date: 18 Oct 1992 02:41:40 GMT

When I use sqlplus to organize a report, I have to write many commands, for example,

SQL> title center 'Test report';
SQL> column ename heading "Employee|name' format A8;
SQL> set pagesize 100;
SQL> set linesize 88;
SQL> select *

2 from emp

3 where depno = 30;

Is there any method to save all the commands into a file, then run the file? Do I have to type all the commands every time? I know I can save all the commands after "select *". But I do not know how to save the commands such as set, column etc.

Could anyone give me some help?

Your help will be very much appreciated?

Ding Chunping

(Mr.) Ding Chunping             Telephone 61 6 249 4205 or 61 6 249 2066
Geology Department              Fax       61 6 249 5544
Australian National University  Email:    cxd653_at_huxley.anu.edu.au
GPO Box 4, Canberra, ACT 2601             ding_at_basins.anu.edu.au
Australia                                 ding_at_grafix.anu.edu.au