Re: Oracle file managerCLOSE

From: Chris Claborne <claborne_at_npg-sd.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: 3 Oct 92 05:03:09 GMT

>I seem to recall reading that you can mount the oracle database "raw"
>on a unix system, and it would run faster. Anybody have any actual
>experience with this? And is it in ORACLE7?

You can do it in 6.xx. It might run a little faster but I heard that it is more difficult to manage once you set it up. If you use a "raw" setup, could you use the standard UNIX backup procedures or would you be forced to export the database to another device. I have a data sheet somewhere that explains the ups and downs of doing this. I will see if I can find.

                                    ...  __o
                                   ..   -\<,
chris.claborne_at_sandiegoca.ncr.com  ...(_)/(_).                 CI$: 76340.2422