Choosing a UNIX based database and development tools

From: Ronald S. Woan <woan_at_exeter.austin.ibm.com>
Date: 2 Oct 92 21:10:22 GMT

I belong to a group that is in the situation that we need to come to some fast conclusion as to what database to choose for a variety of applications. I'd be interested in any comments on how to go about this or sources of information (bibliographic references) from the masses out there that have already undergone the selection process. Also if any of you have any feedback in the quality of support from the various database vendors, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I am also looking at GUI application development tools (Uniface in particular for the moment) and would be interested in any comments from users of the various systems out there.

If I get sufficient response, I will summarize.

Thanks much,

+ Ronald S. Woan woan_at_cactus.org or woan_at_vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +