Re: How to print something in PL/SQL

From: Mark McGregor <mmcgreg_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 4 Sep 92 18:08:26 GMT

I'm sure others will give the same answer, but you are basically SOL.

Oracle, in their infinite wisdom, has deemed it appropriate that PL/SQL have no native print utilities. A rather hideous means of "printing" is to write results to a table and then print them out with a select statement following the PL/SQL script. But this is horrible (and costly in terms of extra database access) alternative to a print statement.

I personally wish they would provide such things (with warnings on usage as appropriate) and let us worry about the consequences. Assume we know what we want and need to do. What an amazing concept.

Mark McGregor (Another less than satisfied user of PL/SQL print commands)

p.s. One would hope that Oracle fixes this "feature" at some point. Received on Fri Sep 04 1992 - 20:08:26 CEST

Original text of this message