Re: how to compress database and move indexes to different tablespace

From: <pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 4 Sep 92 09:06:36 +1000

> However, how to I move the corrisponding indexes? I have tried using the
> "show" option of IMP to generate a file, but this file is in such a poor
> format I cannot use it without EXTENSIVE editing. Does anybody have a
> utility that will take the file generated by the "show" option and make it
> usable? The format I get is ONLY 80 column records and EVERY line is
> enclosed in double quotes.

I don't have any formatter for you.

There is an INDEXES=file (can't remember the exact name) parameter for IMPORT which pulls out the TABLE and INDEX definitions to a flat file automatically. It is mentioned in the V5 to V6 upgrade documentation because you had to check that INDEX names were unique across all objects for each user. If you can get that working then you need only add the TABLESPACE component.

You but you might consider creating a script of CREATE INDEX statements directly from the INDEX definitions in the database.

--

Bruce...        pihlab _at_ hhcs.gov.au
                 ^^