Re: keypad & sql*forms

From: Devan F. Dewey <dewey_at_centerline.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1992 14:35:18 GMT

In article <1992Sep3.133806.971_at_src.honeywell.com>, kdady_at_src.honeywell.com (Ken Dady) wrote:

> Is there a way to re-define the numeric keypad on a
> VT100, Sun keyboard, Mac (running telnet) to be used
> as a 'normal' keypad with SQL*forms? i.e.
>
> In case it matters I'm using oracle 6.0.30 on a Sun 4
> and accessing it via a Mac SE with an extended keyboard
> using BYU telnet 2.4.6 w/MacTCP.

I haven't done this but the theory is:

emulate a vt220 (you'll need NCSA Telnet 2.5) get and extended keyboard for the SE
use the keypad for the keypad and the function key across the top for F-keys.

You'll tear your hair out trying to redefine everything to work as a vt100.

               Devan F. Dewey | Senior Systems Analyst
          CenterLine Software | dewey_at_centerline.com
            10 Fawcett Street | "Leme esplain - no dere is
          Cambridge, MA 02138 | too much. Leme sum up."
                                       -Inigo Montoya