HELP !...regarding use of LOV to select multiple values...

From: Venkatesh Nakkala <nakkala_at_cs.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1992 02:00:19 GMT

   Can anyone out there give me suggestions as to how I could do    the following.

  1. I have a block that consists of fields from a view based on three tables.One of these fields can take more than one value..in the database these values would correspond to different tuples in one of the tables involved. Right now I just have the usual LOV text that selects into the field and so cant allow for more than one to be selected. Any ideas ?...I would like the user to be able to just select all the values off the LOV popup .

   What I want to do is similar to the "select columns" option    in the default block definition form.

  2] When the fields in the form are of length 1, the value entered in   the field is not visible to the user until he presses NXTFLD.If I make   the field length 2 then it would create problems if the user enters   2 characters in the field(during commit).

   Thanks in advance,

   Venkatesh Nakkala

		     Venkatesh  Nakkala    nakkala_at_neuron.tamu.edu
 Off : (409)845-5469                       Res : (409)268-7404
 Dept. Of Comp Sci.,Texas A & M Univ.