Re: READ ME---READ ME -- - READ ME -- READ ME

From: Eric Brunson <eric_at_homebase.vistachrome.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1992 12:15:38 GMT

cdm_at_pmafire.inel.gov (Dale Cook) writes:

>In article <5y#nh5j.sjs_at_netcom.com> sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:
>>I would like to suggest to everyone that is reading this group that they
>>try to forward their responses to questions back to the group instead of
>>just replying to the individual users.
>>
>>Whenever I ask a specific question, I always get 4-5 responses, which are
>>very helpful to me, but not to anyone else who is reading the list and may
>>also have interest in the topic.
>>
>>I know there are many times when I see someone ask a question and I wish
>>I could see the responses he got.
>>
>>What do ya think?

>I think that it is proper to reply by email. I also think that it is
>the duty of the person asking the question to summarize all such replies
>and post a summary. It's something that should be done and isn't done
>enough, IMHO.

If someone posts a question that you would like to hear the answers to, send the poster email asking for a summary. If the poster gets enough of these he should see that there is justification to post a summary to the net. You shouldn't feel that it is an imposition to ask someont for a summary, since they got their answers by the grace of others willing to take the time to respond. "It's not what youv'e got, it's what you give." - Tesla.

--
Eric "Raa" Brunson      |
eric_at_vistachrome.com   |     These opinions are mine alone, but