Re: READ ME---READ ME -- - READ ME -- READ ME

From: Dale Cook <cdm_at_pmafire.inel.gov>
Date: 20 Aug 92 22:03:54 GMT

In article <5y#nh5j.sjs_at_netcom.com> sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:
>I would like to suggest to everyone that is reading this group that they
>try to forward their responses to questions back to the group instead of
>just replying to the individual users.
>
>Whenever I ask a specific question, I always get 4-5 responses, which are
>very helpful to me, but not to anyone else who is reading the list and may
>also have interest in the topic.
>
>I know there are many times when I see someone ask a question and I wish
>I could see the responses he got.
>
>What do ya think?

I think that it is proper to reply by email. I also think that it is the duty of the person asking the question to summarize all such replies and post a summary. It's something that should be done and isn't done enough, IMHO.

...Dale Cook "There is no animal so spooky as the True Believer."
                   ---Edward Abbey

The opinions are mine only (i.e., they are NOT my employer's)