Re: How do I trap arrow keys?

From: <hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at>
Date: 20 Aug 92 10:38:56 GMT

In article <d2!n3r+.sjs_at_netcom.com>, sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:
> Anyone know how I can trap arrow keys..especially the right/left keys.
> I believe I can use the KEY-UP and KEY-DOWN triggers to trap the up and
> down arrow keys....but I can't figure a way to trap the left/right keys.
> I also need a way to trap the return key.
>
> I am trying to design a dialog
> box form that works just like a normal dialog box just like those you see
> in the forms designer, or the other built in dialogs that Oracle often
> throws up.
>
> i.e...The arrow keys move the cursor and return selects the choice.
>
> Any Help?
> --

If you are using Forms V3 you can redefine your key-mapping with Oracle*Terminal. I tried it with the "left" key. I remapped it so i could trap it with the KEY-MENU - trigger.

You can trap the "return" key with the KEY-NXTFLD trigger.

                                                                          ^
 Federal Ministry of Science and Research                               B | M
 Computer Center                                                        W | F

 Klaus-Michael Hatzinger            mail: hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at   |
 Bangkasse 1/209                   phone: 0043-222-53120/5188             |
 1014 Vienna, Austria                fax: 0043-222-53120/5155             V