Oracle / MS-Windows / MS-Excel / Q+E

From: James G. Baker <jgb_at_prism.gatech.EDU>
Date: 13 Jul 92 20:39:06 GMT

I am trying to get a connection to an Oracle database using Microsoft Excel as a front end. The Q+E package that comes with it seems to indicate everything I need is included. But it "...can not find the Oracle driver" when I attempt to login. The ora6 DLL is in my PATH. There are a lot of variables, no doubt:

   OS: MS-DOS 5.0, MS-Windows 3.1
   Network: SUN PC-NFS 4.0
   Excel: Version 4.0

I am not sure how the Q+E is able to interpret the "Server Name" to an IP address, etc... I am running the RTM utility before as well as the NFSAPI that I use for X-windows.

Any experience that you could lend would be appreciated. Thank you.

--
James G. Baker                   | Phone: (404) 853-9984
School of Electrical Engineering | GIT: jgb_at_prism, jgb_at_ee, jgb_at_cc, jgb_at_eecom