CASE question...

From: George chow <george_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1992 18:57:29 GMT

Howdy,

I've got a question about CASE*Dictionary. Here's the part of the E-R Diagram that is relevant.

		+---------+
		| Product |

| Price |
| Point |
+---------+ the price of /// \\\ classified by / \ . . priced by . . used to price +---------+ +----------+ | Product | | Invoice | +---------+ | Customer | | Type | +----------+

The diagram is meant to depict a multiple-price structure.

The attributes of the 3 entities are:
  Product Price Point: price
  Invoice Customer Type: type (primary key)   Product: product no (primary key)

           name

Currently, CASE will toss in an attribute PKEY_DEFAULT into Product Price Point for me because it thinks that I need a primary key for Product Price Point. However, the primary key for the (eventual) table is going to be the two foreign keys 'type' and 'product no'. How do I 'tell' CASE*Dictionary that this is the scenario?

George   Received on Tue Jul 07 1992 - 20:57:29 CEST

Original text of this message