A plea for version numbers

From: Andy Symes <asymes_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 3 Jul 92 15:56:34 GMT

              at Oracle Corporation.  The opinions expressed are those
              of the user and not necessarily those of Oracle.

Hallo World,

It should be quite obvious that this newsgroup is read by a large number of Oracle's own staff, who, I think for the most part are quite willing to make helpful suggestions to some of the questions asked.

However, I often see questions of the form "I'm running such-and-such a package and this happens". Can I make a plea to all such question-askers:

               Please include the version numbers of your software!

This is essential because the question may refer to a misfeature which has been corrected in a later release. Also knowing the hardware and operating system would be helpful, as some questions may only have relevance to a particular hardware/operating system configuration.

Have fun, etc,
Andy Symes.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and mine alone, and don't reflect the

             views or position of my employer. Received on Fri Jul 03 1992 - 17:56:34 CEST

Original text of this message