SQL*FORMS ... how to start in query-only mode

From: Gv Fragante <fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: 30 Jun 92 20:24:17 GMT

How I can invoke a form to function in query-only mode from SQL*MENU ?

By default, the form is a data-enterable form, but I would like users with view-only privileges to look at the form as well without allowing them to update/delete/change.

I know that this form can be invoked from a 'parent' form via CALL_QUERY(), but if I am invoking this form directly from SQL*MENU without a parent... how ? The only alternative I have is to create a dummy parent form to invoke the data-entry form in query-only mode. But I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution to this.

Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 30 1992 - 22:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message