REPOST: Problem droping user table DUAL

From: Vijay Raghavan <raghavav_at_cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1992 00:05:49 GMT

I am finding it impossible to drop a table I created called DUAL. I get the message

ORA-00056: DDL lock on object '910' is already held in an incompatible  mode

To try to release the parse locks I have tried everything including restarting the database, dropping the synonym DUAL(Refers to sys.dual) etc. No luck. Is Oracle somehow misinterpreting it as the system table DUAL?

Vijay Raghavan                     | We can sort things out together.
ROSE group, Dept of Comp Sc        |
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   | Ph:(518)-276-4838