Re: Oracle*Terminal & key map for Oracle

From: Ian A. MacGregor <ian_at_jupiter.SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 4 Jun 92 14:08:37 GMT

In article <kpalm.707504241_at_athena>, kpalm_at_athena.qualcomm.com (Kent Palm) writes:
|> Two things:
|>
|> 1) Under unix, the oraterm program uses the unix environment variable TERM
|> or term, to understand which keyboard you're using. It does not use a
|> oraterm.r file (as far as I can tell). So, try setting term to something
|> like "vt100".

Under which flavors of unix is this true? Oraterm definitely uses a resource file on AIX. Using the command

                      oraterm -c vt100
should do the trick. Some sites may alias the commands which use resource files:

    alias oraterm oraterm -c $TERM:$TERM

Note the value held in the term variable might not always match the name of the associated resource file which oracle has supplied. Our site does not use this method, but it would be a minor thing to change the names of the resource file.

|> 2) You need to have write permission to the .r file in order to access it.
|> Oraterm will not allow read only access.

                      Ian MacGregor
                      Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
                      (415) 926-3528