Re: how to do this GROUP BY in SQL*PLUS

From: Eric Brunson <eric_at_homebase.vistachrome.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1992 13:43:40 GMT

fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca (Gv Fragante) writes:

>SELECT SALESMAN, MIN(TICKET_NO), MAX(TICKET_NO), COUNT(TICKET_NO)
> FROM TICKETS
> GROUP
> BY SALESMAN
You don't want to youse GROUP, you want to use BREAK ON.

Here's an example from chapter 18 of the SQL*Plus manual:

Break on DEPT skip 1;
select DEPTNO, ENAME, SAL
from EMP
order by DEPTNO;

This option is, of course, only available through SQL*Plus.

If you don't have a copy of the manual, email me and I can fax you the pert. info.

Hope it helps...

--
Eric Brunson               These opinions are mine alone,
eric_at_vistachrome.com         but they could be yours for a low monthly fee!