Re: SQL*ReportWriter (unable to print)

From: Aniruddha Kortikar <kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 3 Jun 92 17:17:05 GMT

you may want to check the way you handle arguments passed to your file. spoolcmd will recieve

arg1 - file name to be printed
arg2 - line printer default (File/Spool device name on parameter form)
arg3 - file disposotion flag (to delete file or not after printing)
arg4 - number of copies to print

spolcmd will then prepare a command like

lp -c -d{printer name} -s -n{number of copies} file_name_to_print the chances are

  1. you have not given correct printer name (the name that will appear after "lpstat -t" on most unix macines)
  2. your handling of parameters is such that lp never gets the filename

one more suggestion -

instead of new spoolcmd why don't you try writing your own "lp" shell script. put it in path before "lp".

hope this helps.

Aniruddha Kortikar (kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com)