Filling in fields in SQL*Forms3.0 with null values

From: Schillinger <rz34_at_hp850.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1992 14:42:27 GMT

I'm creating a form with SQL*Forms 3.0 and would like to be able to occupy address fields with values from another table in the case that the address fields in the base table are null.

More specifically, I have a person table with addresses for each person, and an institute table with addresses for each institute. Each person belongs to an institute, so, if there is no person address, I want the institute address to show, in the person.address fields.

What kind of trigger should I use? I've tried Post-query and post-change with an if-statement. No luck.

Is there anyway I could use the DEFAULT_VALUE function?

Please reply via email: rz34_at_hp850.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

Thanks in advance!!

Karen Received on Tue Jun 02 1992 - 16:42:27 CEST

Original text of this message