Re: What Keys to Map?

From: Brian Stormont <brs_at_cs.brown.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1992 04:26:53 GMT

At our site, we became extremely frustrated by the given oracle keymapping. Not only were the mutlplie key-stroke for simple functions annoying, but the multiple key mappings across different products was even worse!

I spent quite some time defining similiar functions (from various applications) to the same keys. For example, forms, menu, report writer, and mail all have similar ideas of (commit,accept,ok) or (exit, quit, cancel), so why not make this the same key in each application?

What I made was an oracle terminal resource file, mail/srw keymap file to conglomerate all the keys into logical (from my warped point of view) groupings.

If anyone is interested in what I came up with, I can post it. I'm sure it is lacking, as some keys I ignored because noone in my dept uses them, but it's a start...

Brian Received on Fri May 29 1992 - 06:26:53 CEST

Original text of this message