Reverse Engineering tools for Oracle?

From: Mike Matthews <matthews_at_oberon.umd.edu>
Date: 15 May 92 13:29:30 GMT

I'm looking for tools that will let me reverse engineer existing Oracle applications. Said applications reside on Pyramid machines, were created with SQL*Forms 3.0, under Oracle version 6. If anyone knows of the existance of any such tools, I would appreciate hearing about them. (it would be an added plus if these tools could interface with FoxBase on the Mac and Sybase as well).

If those reverse engineering/CASE tools run on a Macintosh as well that would be even better. Support for a global data dictionary which would know what the data looks like and who owns the data (and where it is) is essential.

Also, if anybody knows of any good Macintosh clients that will connect to multiple Oracle applications running on multiple servers (we have SQL*Net), I would like input on that as well.

Please respond by Email, a summary will follow (assuming there's anything to summarize).

This is a highly time-crunch type deal, so quick replies will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike Received on Fri May 15 1992 - 15:29:30 CEST

Original text of this message