SQL and RDA

From: <choi_at_cstp.umkc.edu>
Date: 1 Apr 92 23:50:06 -0600

Dear RDA Researchers;

How are you?. I am doing my research on the RDA SQL Specialization. But, I feel difficulties in getting the necessary information. If you have any good information about the RDA SQL Specialization (except the ISO standards which were published last August), please let me know. Especially, the information about SQL2 (or SQL3 ?) specialization would be very invaluable to me.

Also, are there any volunteers can accept me as the client of your organization's DB access facility via RDA? I mean, can you offer the testing of your RDA by assigning one client capability to our site. The simplest thing would be assigning one user-id for me if possible. Because I am a graduate student and there are no RDA-related SWs (prototype or whatever), I have a lot of difficulties in advancing my research. Currently, my lab is operating the MHS and FTAM. So, the basic flatform for the prototype RDA testing will be possible, I think. If you have any other SWs which can establish the RDA prototype testing environment locally in our site, that would be also OK.

I have the article on "SQL Access: An implementation of the ISO Remote Database Access standard" from IEEE COMPUTER magazine (December 1991, pp. 74-78), but it is not enough for me. Any other more detailed and state-of-the-art articles do you have on the SQL Access (HWs or SWs or whatever)?

If you have any other good idea for my suggestion, please let me know. I will appreciate for it.
I need your cooperation.

Thanks in advance.

Young B. Choi
The OSI Lab
Computer Science Telecommunications Program The University of Missouri-Kansas City
Kansas City, MO 64110 U.S.A.

Internet: choi_at_vax2.cstp.umkc.edu
Bitnet: choi%umkcvax2.bitnet
Tel. : (816)235-2996,2335 (o) (816) 756-3381

p.s: If you are working for or knowing one of the following organizations, please send me an e-mail (or telephone numbers) of the section or person in charge of the development of SQL Access with RDA.

Organizations:

	SQL Access Group
	ANSI
	ISO

	Digital Equipment Corp.
	Hewlett-Packard
	NCR
	Oracle
	Teradata
	Tandem
	Microsoft
	Information Builders Inc.
	Sybase
	MCC
	Cincom
	Sun Microsystems
	Informix
	Unisys
	Fujitsu
	X/Open
	Unify
	or the other members of SQL Access Group or active vendors ...