Re: How can I report problem to Oracle through the net

From: Michael Wang <mmwang_at_adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1992 03:21:27 GMT

In article <50610_at_seismo.CSS.GOV> jean_at_beno.CSS.GOV (Jean Anderson) writes:
>In <fragante.702081678_at_chilko.ucs.ubc.ca>, fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca (Gv Fragante):
>> I would like to report a probable SQL*Forms V3.0 (DOS Version) bug to the
>> Oracle technical support. Can anyone inform me how I can contact them through
>> the net ? I figure it would be better write down a description of the
>> problem here than to explain it over the phone. Will some Oracle techie
>> reading this be able to forward it to the appropriate person ?
>
>The easiest way I know of is to dial into Oracle's RTSS (Real Time Support
>Services) system and open a TAR containing all your information. Call
>support and request a login.
>
>Besides the ability to open TAR's electronically and generally avoid phone
>tag, it gives you access to their on-line Bulletin Board articles. RTSS is
>the best user support strategy Oracle has implemented.

Unless Support has changed its policy in the last four months, desktop customers (MS-DOS, OS/2, NetWare, Mac, Banyan) do not get on-line access to RTSS. In regards to posting direct questions to Support in this newsgroup, you basically have to take your chances. Any analyst who answers your questions is doing so on his or her free time (which there isn't a whole lot of in Support). Whether or not somebody in Desktop Support sees your question is also up for grabs since only a few (if any now) actually read Usenet at all. If it is an important problem and/or you have a support contract, it is almost always better to call in. If it is a detailed problem, you can always write it down and FAX it to an analyst. If you don't have support, then by all means post the question here, but don't expect a reply from Oracle Support.

--
Michael Wang
mmwang_at_adobe.com