ORACLE/PRO*C Application problems - HELP ANYONE???

From: Jamie O'Shaughnessy <oshaughj_at_p4.cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: 2 Mar 92 13:20:52 GMT

I'm currently writing an application using Pro*C and ORACLE that ADDs, DELETEs and UPDATEs data in a database (wow!). I have a number of procedures (oopps C now, functions) that do the above (add, delete, etc) independent of each other. I am having problems in getting them to work together running in the same application. e.g. I can run my application and delete until my heart's content but if I try and ADD something and then delete it crashes (well) with the ORACLE error ORA-01003: no statement parsed (i.e. sqlca.sqlcode = -1003). I think it may be something to do with Commiting and Rolling back work? After a delete, if it all goes fine, I EXEC SQL COMMIT WORK and do the same after the insert/add of data. If an error occurs in any of these functions I EXEC SQL ROLLBACK WORK. In one function I do a simple query, do I need a COMMIT/ROLLBACK work after this too? The manual is a little vague about COMMIT/ROLLBACK and "logical units of work".

Any help?

Thanks,
JAmie Received on Mon Mar 02 1992 - 14:20:52 CET

Original text of this message