SQL*Forms V3

From: Lay Tan <ltan_at_cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au>
Date: 2 Mar 92 06:10:46 GMT

Hello Again,

Is any user of SQL*Forms V3 familiar with the following unwanted message upon an exit from their form after attempting an insert of a duplicate key record into a table?

Error: 1 form processing allocations, 54bytes not freed.

The usual forms error message warning appeared warning the user that a duplicate key record is not allowed, as can be expected. But as soon as the user quit from the form, the above error message which is not required appeared. Although it did no harm to the system, it can be unsightly to a true user once the application system goes into production.

I have been informed by Oracle Support that this is a known problem across quite a few platforms, and it appears that we have to live with it till the next upgrade or release of Oracle.

We are using RDBMS V6.0.31.0.3 with tpo, SQLForms V3.0.16.4.1 prod on an NCR3000 machine.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,

TLC Received on Mon Mar 02 1992 - 07:10:46 CET

Original text of this message