Re: ORACLE user names and tables

From: Michael Wang <mmwang_at_adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 23:13:53 GMT

In article <1992Jan14.222400.8016_at_infonode.ingr.com> dalmandm_at_infonode.ingr.com (Dianne M. Dalman) writes:
>I work with several different "flavors" of databases, and with the
>others, if you decide to delete a user and all of that user's associated
>data, it's quite easy , but in ORACLE, once you create a user name, it's
>there for life, it seems, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

You need to revoke all privileges from that user (connect, resource, dba), and make sure that user doesn't own any objects (tables, view, synonyms, indexes, etc.). If this is the case, then that user will be removed from the users list in the data dictionary.

Michael Wang Received on Wed Jan 15 1992 - 00:13:53 CET

Original text of this message