Upgrading OEM

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:06:31 -0400

Looking for tips and best practices for upgrading OEM 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.5 on an 8 core Sun v490. It's currently monitoring about 60 hosts and 140 databases, some of which are critical production systems. I want to keep the down time to a minimum. Does anyone have an idea of how much down time is necessary to perform such an upgrade?

I've thought about installing anew on a 2nd host and migrating the monitored hosts one by one to the new OEM but there are *very* many firewall considerations in my environment and that itself will become a large project. Do you think this is the best approach?

TIA Received on Tue Oct 20 2009 - 00:06:31 CEST

Original text of this message