Re: The right tool for the job

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:22:46 +0200

[Quoted] On 25.06.2009 18:34, Lee wrote:

> But how do I get the graph? Export the data as csv and import into an
> Excel sheet? OK, that would work, but shouldnt there be a slicker way to
> fly?

[Quoted] You can query the data directly from Excel via Oracle's ODBC driver. You can even make Excel update the data whenever the sheet is opened AFAIK.

[Quoted] Other than that there are also plotting packages around which can be used to generate graphs. For example, you can write a perl / ruby / phyton / your favorite scripting language with database support which extracts the data and prepares it for graphing.

[Quoted] You can also write SVG easily as it's XML. Plenty of options...

Kind regards

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/