Re: Fastunload utility for oracle - Unloading a huge table(partitioned) to a file - Can we concatenate columns?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:47:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 14, 10:28 am, poojam <poojama..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We have a huge table (approx ~300 million rows) with ~150 columns in
> the table.
> This table is partioned in 8 partitions.
> We need to extract one file per partition.
[]
> If fasunload does not support concatenating the above, should we go
> for Pro-C or Perl? Which one will be better?
> More details:
> We extracted the data of the table using fast unload and avreage row
> size is approx. 700 bytes.
> ---------
>
> Please suggest as this is urgent for one of our tasks,
> Thanking you in advance,
> Pooja

I have no experience with fasunload.

If this is a one-time extraction, I'd go right to PERL. If this is a production requirement (i.e., this will be done as a regular job, repeatedly), then I'd still prefer PERL over Pro-C. Go for Pro-C if your skill in it is much greater than your skill in PERL.

Ed
(trailing comments about using appropriate tools can be assumed here. 8^) Received on Mon Jun 15 2009 - 23:47:19 CEST

Original text of this message