Fastunload utility for oracle - Unloading a huge table(partitioned) to a file - Can we concatenate columns?

From: poojam <poojamahal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 07:28:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] We have a huge table (approx ~300 million rows) with ~150 columns in the table.
This table is partioned in 8 partitions. We need to extract one file per partition.

We were planning to use Fast unload for the same. But as we need data in specific format we saw few constraints. File delimiter has been specified in the control file as caret = ^ And we want to extract using an sql like this, but it does not work: select column1 , column2, column3, column4 || '|' || column5 || '|' || column6 from table
It gives a syntax error saying that || are not recognized.

How can we concat 2 columns in Fastunload? Is it possible or not? Are there any documents where we can refer. I could find no technical documents on fast unload on web.

[Quoted] If fasunload does not support concatenating the above, should we go for Pro-C or Perl? Which one will be better? More details:
We extracted the data of the table using fast unload and avreage row size is approx. 700 bytes.

Please suggest as this is urgent for one of our tasks, Thanking you in advance,
Pooja Received on Sun Jun 14 2009 - 16:28:14 CEST

Original text of this message