Re: Oracle Reports XLS format

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 10, 2:02 pm, Ed Prochak <edproc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2
>
> Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production
>
> The report runs fine in development and test environments.
> The report runs fine in production for HTML format
> The report returns only the column headers in production for XLS
> format
>
> The report is run via a PL/SQL web procedure.
>
> Has anyone had similar problem? Any suggestions?
>
> I am having the business person do one more test: running a different
> report for XLS format.
>
> If that fails, it is definitely something with XLS formatting. If it
> works, I'll be more deeply puzzled.
>
> I hope this all makes sense.

FYI
different reports with the same output format succeed. Now it appears this must be related to something else in the system. The problem report seems to be working now in production. There was a release of some other, supposedly unrelated application code. I cannot see how those changes are related but now the problem report works. I'll let the group know if I find the cause.

  Ed Received on Mon Mar 16 2009 - 15:23:06 CET

Original text of this message