Re: Recreating the CREATE DATABASE DDLs

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 8 Jan 2009 16:54:51 -0700

bhd282 (benjamin.i.doyle_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Is it possible to regenerate database DDLs as one can do with
: dbms_metadata.get_ddl? or with some scripts that can pull the
: information from the dictionaries?
: I have the SQL saved of the original CREATE DATABASE and ALTER
: DATABASE statements when using DBCA. I'd like to be able to see the
: exact definition of the database without resorting to saving every
: ALTER DATABASE statement that I execute.
: (I've found a useful SQL statement online, that will generate the
: CREATE TABLESPACE statements.)
: -b

What is wrong with dbms_metadata.get_ddl itself?

[Quoted] It has various options to get the dll to create many types of objects, not just tables. I find it useful to skip the attributes that aren't part of the logic of a table.

execute
  DBMS_METADATA.SET_TRANSFORM_PARAM
  (DBMS_METADATA.SESSION_TRANSFORM,'SEGMENT_ATTRIBUTES',false); Received on Fri Jan 09 2009 - 00:54:51 CET

Original text of this message