Q: 10GR2 icons imageBase=DocumentBase

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 5 Jan 2009 15:59:00 -0700

Hello

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am moving a 10G (R1=9i) form app to a 10GR2 app server environment. The icons in the old application are accessed using imageBase=DocumentBase.

I am trying to reproduce that setup in 10GR2, (for now that means within my local development environment, OC4J, not the complete app server).

Naturally the icons don't display or I wouldn't be writing this.

I am quite sure my environment is correct because the web access log shows the gif files being accessed as the forms are displayed.

    <ORA_HOME>\j2ee\DevSuite\log\default-web-access.log

"GET /forms/rt_save.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 905
"GET /forms/rt_print.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 916
"GET /forms/rt_exit.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 913
"GET /forms/rt_undo.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 869
"GET /forms/left.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 855
"GET /forms/rigth.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 853
"GET /forms/rt_radd.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 904
"GET /forms/rt_rdel.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 896
"GET /forms/rt_help.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 864

Those are the icon files begin requested, the list depends on what icons the form should be displaying. The 200 appears to be the http status (200=OK, I also see 304=not Modified for subsequent accesses to the same file). The last number is the number of bytes (the size of the file, and all are correct).

Further more, if I browse for the gif files using the path shown in the log then I see the correct images, so I know the files themselves are fine. ( e.g. when I browse the url http://localhost:8890/forms/listval.gif then I see the icon)

The buttons and menus all work, the horizontal menu bar works but is very narrow (and no icons show).

But the buttons and menus in the forms don't show any icons.

Since the server is GET'ing the gif files I think the problem must be in the display of the icons in the form modules.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am hoping someone might have suggestions on what could still be wrong?

Thanks, Malcolm Dew-Jones Received on Mon Jan 05 2009 - 23:59:00 CET

Original text of this message