Re: Q: 10GR2 icons imageBase=DocumentBase

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:46:03 +0100

Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am moving a 10G (R1=9i) form app to a 10GR2 app server environment. The
> icons in the old application are accessed using imageBase=DocumentBase.
>
> I am trying to reproduce that setup in 10GR2, (for now that means within
> my local development environment, OC4J, not the complete app server).
>
> Naturally the icons don't display or I wouldn't be writing this.
>
> I am quite sure my environment is correct because the web access log shows
> the gif files being accessed as the forms are displayed.
>

> <ORA_HOME>\j2ee\DevSuite\log\default-web-access.log
>
> "GET /forms/rt_save.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 905
> "GET /forms/rt_print.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 916
> "GET /forms/rt_exit.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 913
> "GET /forms/rt_undo.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 869
> "GET /forms/left.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 855
> "GET /forms/rigth.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 853
> "GET /forms/rt_radd.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 904
> "GET /forms/rt_rdel.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 896
> "GET /forms/rt_help.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 864
>
> Those are the icon files begin requested, the list depends on what icons
> the form should be displaying. The 200 appears to be the http status
> (200=OK, I also see 304=not Modified for subsequent accesses to the same
> file). The last number is the number of bytes (the size of the file, and
> all are correct).
>
> Further more, if I browse for the gif files using the path shown in the
> log then I see the correct images, so I know the files themselves are
> fine. ( e.g. when I browse the url http://localhost:8890/forms/listval.gif
> then I see the icon)
>
> The buttons and menus all work, the horizontal menu bar works but is very
> narrow (and no icons show).
>
> But the buttons and menus in the forms don't show any icons.
>
> Since the server is GET'ing the gif files I think the problem must be in
> the display of the icons in the form modules.

[Quoted] Given all the evidence above, I'd assume you are correct: the files are fetched (http: 200) and processed (bytes processed

  • bytes in size) by the server - your display does not understand them.

> I am hoping someone might have suggestions on what could still be wrong?
>
> Thanks, Malcolm Dew-Jones

[Quoted] Now, as to why - I have no clue.
You do mention your menu bar is small - it would be the icons simply are not being processed because they do not fit. One thing might be to try another browser, change JInitiator version, if you're still using the dreaded thing. 1.3.24 is one of the latest, iirc.

A prosperous 2009,

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel