Re: Tool to track what all is happening in database when i run an

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 18:17:57 -0700

Rohit (will.u.tellmemore_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: > Hey thanks for information. I agree that i need to get familiar with
: > Oracle but will you let me know if with this tracing option turned
: > on , can i get info about the actual tables touched , what update (if
: > possible actual row/column level change) happened to it. While i study
: > these things , just let me know if at all its possible to reverse
: > engineer whole schema that application is using.
: >
: > -Rohit

: I tried oracle Enterprise manager and was able to see some queries by
: performing few operations in application. So i got the idea of it.One
: still i am confused about is, is there a way to find how different
: tables are related to each other ? meaning relationship schema for all
: tables in a table space. Or is this completely logical thing and
: there is not such information maintained at table space level and only
: the application which uses those tables know what is the relation. Coz
: if this is the case , i will have to perform hell lot operations to
: get the complete picture of relation ships between different tables.

(These assume logged in as the schema owner) some examples

	select * from user_constraints;
	select * from user_cons_columns;

Also very useful

	select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','YOUR_TABLE')
	from dual;

There are loads more, but those are very useful. If you look them up you should find the entry points to the documentation of others such items. Received on Wed Dec 10 2008 - 02:17:57 CET

Original text of this message