Re: Tool to track what all is happening in database when i run an oc4j application

From: Rohit <will.u.tellmemore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:25:01 -0800 (PST)

> First of all, it's called "tracing".  Then, you can trace an Oracle
> session even without access to the source code of the application.
> Assuming you have a recent release of Oracle you can enable session
> trace via Grid Control / Enterprise Manager or an PL/SQL package.  You
> could also write a login trigger which switches tracing on.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hey thanks for information. I agree that i need to get familiar with [Quoted] Oracle but will you let me know if with this tracing option turned on , can i get info about the actual tables touched , what update (if [Quoted] possible actual row/column level change) happened to it. While i study these things , just let me know if at all its possible to reverse engineer whole schema that application is using.

-Rohit Received on Tue Dec 09 2008 - 21:25:01 CET

Original text of this message