Re: Sifobo Enterprise Manager for Oracle - Free Download

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:59:41 -0700

sifobo wrote:

> On Jun 21, 3:11 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> sifobowrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>> SifoboEnterprise Manager for Oracle And SQL Server is an MMC based
>>> Oracle and SQL database backup manager for Windows and available for
>>> free download on
>>> http://www.sifobo.com
>>> Please feel free to download and use it or pass it onto anyone who
>>> might be interested..Remember it is FREE ;-)
>> great going spammer. You spammed OTN and we removed your post.
>> No you are spamming here too.
>>
>> What a brilliant strategy. Insult your potential customers.
>> Wish I'd thought of it.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org
>
> Potential Customers? Mate this is a free tool and we don't see a harm
> in telling people about it.

You don't see the harm in violating the charter of this usenet group?

You don't see the harm in violating the terms of service of the Oracle Technology forums where your spam was removed and where you are on a watch list?

The harm is to your company because the company name is now going to be being passed around the industry ... and not in a good way.

The fact that something is free is no excuse for spamming: Brilliant strategic move. The first association we make with your company name is that you folks are unrepentant spammers. That should help promote your brand name.