read form jdbc image item save format

From: <>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hy,i have already tried with OTN forums and on Metalink but unsuccesfully....

I'm trying to get images out of an Oracle database with a Java/Jdbc application.
It was inserted using Oracle Forms "image item" (TIFF format), and is in a LONG RAW column. (i.e. was inserted with write_image_file). I can get the raw data fine, but I don't know what format it is in, the file is not a TIFF or JPEG.
Opening the file readed from database with an HEX editor (like ultraedit-32) we can read ".......Oracle Multimedia Toolkit, 2.1...". Does anyone know where I can find a technical description of the format, or if there are any APIs that would let me do it? Received on Mon Jun 09 2008 - 08:34:59 CEST

Original text of this message