Re: How can delete a record in a master-detail relation

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 24 Feb 2008 19:59:40 -0800

paul (paulq_1998_at_yahoo.com) wrote:

: "nick048" <nicosia.gaetano_at_moonsoft.it> wrote in message
: news:9e0dfb25-3696-4e9a-b466-d26411856dbd_at_n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
: > Hi to All,
: >
: > I have created a Form with 3 Blocks:
: > 1) MASTERBLOCK, Table1, PK MASTER_CODE
: > 2) DETAILBLOCK, Table2, KEY = DETAIL_CODE
: > 3) TOOLBAR with button SAVE, ADD, DELETE etc...
: >
: > All Work fine! I can Add, Modify, Save all in the Master and in Detail
: > Block.
: >
: > But If I try to Delete a Master Record, this message is displayed:
: >
: > CANNOT DELETE THE MASTER RECORD IF THERE ARE CORRESPONDING DETAIL
: > RECORDS (NB. I have translated the message from italian language)
: >
: > In the trigger WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED of DELETE Button I have entered:
: >
: > Delete_Record ;
: >
: > Please can anyone help me in order to delete the master and the detail
: > records?
: >
: > Thank You and Best Regards
: > Gaetano

: Cascade delete
: http://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/foreign_keys/foreign_delete.php

Or Form trigger PRE-DELETE (spelling?), at the Block level is the hook that allows you to delete them yourself just before Forms runs the delete command for the master. Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 04:59:40 CET

Original text of this message