Re: is anyone trying to run SPARQL over Oracle + other data sources & web services?

From: igoldsmid <igoldsmid_at_insilicodiscovery.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:46:08 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] On Dec 2, 2:39 pm, Lee <L..._at_JamToday.com> wrote:
> igoldsmid wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > We would be interested in starting a discussion with anyone building
> > or evaluating Semantic Web technologies - building a semantic layer
> > "over" Oracle and other corporate data sources & web services - using
> > SPARQL/RDF/OWL etc..
>
> > Ian Goldsmid
> >www.SemanticDiscoverySystems.com
>
> Have you seen this?
>
> It discusses setting up a triple store "over" a relational database system.
>
> http://dltj.org/2007/01/fedora-mptstore/

[Quoted] Hi Lee

I think dedicated triple stores have a place, however, it is generally found that most organizations will persist their "SQL Stores", and indeed most of their legacy systems for years to come. Relative to the Semantic Web - they want to apply ontologies (OWL) across all of that - and use SPARQL - via a mediation layer - to perform distributed joins/unions across distributed heterogeneous data sources - i.e. leaving the legacy data in situ, and in a way that has acceptable performance. That's what my company, Semantic Discovery Systems, is developing - and indeed delivering an Early Access version of already.. Received on Sun Dec 02 2007 - 19:46:08 CET

Original text of this message